The ART of Collaborating
How to develop collective talent in the business.
The main aim of this course is to help approach one of the most common issues affecting productivity in business organizations: how to develop collective talent through collaboration and cooperation within and between different areas, management levels and departments of the business organization.
The complexity of business organizations, their organizational design and their particular culture are all undoubtedly contributing factors preventing collaboration from taking hold within the company. If we add human nature to this mix, we find a situation that profoundly affects company efficiency as it hinders the search for common solutions and shifts the competitive environment to within the company instead of outwards towards market competition.
The objectives are:
- To understand the benefits of collaboration within the company.
- To know when to compete and when to collaborate.
- To understand the concept and value of collaborative intelligence.
- To understand the barriers to cooperation.
- To know how to achieve a high level of cooperation.
Based on presenting key concepts and practice through exercises that are solved individually and collectively.
Teaching is designed around the Discovery Method, which facilitates constant reflection in order to draw your own conclusions.
The program is aimed at entrepreneurs, managers, consultants and professionals who wish to enhance their management skills in order to develop collective talent in the company, through collaboration and cooperation within and between different areas and departments of the business.
Juan Mateo Díaz.
CEO of LOGRA TV and the Business Film Factory.
Co-director, with Roger Fisher, of the Advanced Program on Negotiation at the Real Colegio Complutense at Harvard University.
Degree in Economics and Business Administration.
Master’s in Financial Management.
Graduate of the Wharton School (University of Pennsylvania): “Advance Program for Overseas Bankers”.
Graduate of Columbia University: “Knowledge Management and Organizational Design”.
Graduate of the London Business School: “Coopers & Lybrand Program”.
Guest speaker at institutions in countries such as the U.S., Switzerland, Germany, Portugal, Canada, Morocco, Panama, Puerto Rico, Mexico, Colombia, Venezuela, Argentina and Brazil.
Among titles published: “Cuentos que mi jefe nunca me contó” (“Stories that my boss never told me”), “El Argumento” and “El trabajo dignifica… y 100 mentiras más” (“Work dignifies … and 100 more lies”).
1.- COOPERATION: COLLABORATIVE INTELLIGENCE AS A COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGE
- What is the Collective Intelligence Index?
- Beating Vs Winning.
- Internal Vs external competitiveness.
- “Golden Balls”. Practical exercise on cooperation.
- “Split or Steal”- The source of conflict.
- Individual vs Collective.
- Application of the Nash equilibrium. Practical exercise.
- What does cooperation mean?
- The real effects of cooperating.
- Forms of cooperation.
- How to create a collaborative space
- A new cultural focus.
- The Business “Synapse”
- The Effects of Cooperation.
2.- CONFLICT MANAGEMENT
- Conflict in business organizations.
- How can we avoid conflict?
1.- GAME THEORY APPLIED TO COOPERATION
- The outcome of the Game.
- Evaluation as a tool.
2.- VALUE PROPOSITION FOR COOPERATION
- The 3 Basic Dimensions.
- The 5 Constructive Variables.